It can be very frustrating to do hours of exercise and make an effort to live a healthy lifestyle, only to continue to have a double chin that you just can’t get rid of. If you are tired of that fat underneath your chin and wondering what you can do about it, Kybella may be the answer – read on for 5 reasons why you should have this popular procedure!
- It is noninvasive. Unlike a plastic surgery procedure such as liposuction, the only thing involved in Kybella is an injection. Kybella is made up of deoxycholic acid, a natural part of the human body, which targets fat cells. These cells are destroyed and naturally flushed out of the body over a period of a few weeks.
- It is effective and safe. In a clinical trial, over 80% of patients reported that they saw a significant improvement in their chin area after Kybella. This same trial determined that Kybella was safe, and it has been approved by the FDA.
- It is quick. Because it is not a surgical procedure, there is hardly any preparation involved for the patient. The procedure itself only takes about 20 minutes per session, although most patients require more than one session. Although downtime after the procedure varies, most patients report that recovery time was minimal, and any minor side effects (such as swelling, redness, pain, and bruising) were gone within 2 weeks.
- It is permanent. Because Kybella destroys the fat cells, they are no longer there to store fat. That means that once a patient is done with treatments, no further treatment is necessary.
- It can be performed on most people. However, if you are pregnant or nursing, are planning on having facial surgery, or have a double chin because of sagging, loose skin instead of accumulated fat, you may not be a good candidate for Kybella.
Kybella is a nonsurgical, quick, permanent, and effective way to finally get rid of that double chin. Contact the Plastic Surgery Center of Southern New England in Fall River today to ask about Kybella. Call (508) 567-3202 for a consultation!