What to Know Before a Nose Job
- Posted on: May 30 2020
Rhinoplasty, or nose jobs, are not something to take lightly. Chances are, if you’re considering rhinoplasty, you’ve been thinking about it for a long time. Here are some things you should know about this procedure before going under the knife.
Keep Realistic Expectations
While rhinoplasty can offer amazing results, it can’t completely transform your nose. The foundation of your nose is already set by nature and doctors can only do so much. So, while it’s important to communicate what you’re looking for in your consultation, it’s important to remember that you may not end up with (insert celebrity name here)’s exact nose. It also may take a while for your full results to be visible. If you wake up post-op and are horrified by your nose, give it time to heal and settle in.
Be Prepared for the Recovery Process
As with any surgery, the recovery process is extremely important to how your results turn out. Be prepared to follow the instructions we give you for several weeks after surgery. Some of these instructions may include:
- Avoiding exercising or strenuous activities such as aerobics and even jogging.
- Taking baths instead of showers while you have bandages on your nose.
- Avoiding blowing your nose.
- Eating high-fiber foods, such as fruits and vegetables, to avoid constipation. Constipation can cause you to strain, which put unnecessary pressure on the surgery site.
- Avoiding extreme facial expressions, such as smiling or laughing.
- Brushing your teeth gently to limit movement of your upper lip.
- Wearing clothes that secure in the front. Not pullover clothing, such as shirts or sweaters, that need to go over your head.
- Trying not to wear glasses or anything that would need to rest on your nose.
- Staying out of the sun as much as possible while the skin heals.
Don’t Be Afraid to Ask
Whether that’s asking us questions about the procedure beforehand, during, or after. We’re here to help and would love to offer support. Also, don’t be afraid to ask friends or loved ones for help during this time. A strong support system is always a good idea after a medical procedure.
If you’re considering rhinoplasty, we’d love to chat with you about the procedure. Schedule a consultation with us by calling (508) 567-3202 today.
Posted in: Rhinoplasty